⸺COMMISSIONER FOR OATHS⸺
Fast and Easy Service. Accredited and Licensed.
Alberta Commissioner for Oath ServicesCommissioners for Oaths are authorized to administer Oaths, Affirmations and Solemn Declarations.
Affidavits are documents containing statements that are verified by the oath or affirmation of the person making those statements. An affidavit must be authorized by legislation which permits or requires the proof of certain facts by way of affidavit.
Statutory declarations are documents containing statements that are verified by the solemn declaration of the person making those statements. A statutory declaration is made pursuant to the Canada Evidence Act or the Alberta Evidence Act and is used in situations where there is no legislative authority for an affidavit.
Affidavits and statutory declarations are used for establishing legal rights and must be administered properly or the legal rights sought may be impaired or destroyed. A Commissioner for Oaths does not administer the Oath to be true, merely the fact it has been administered properly.
What We Can Do
Commissioner for Oaths on staff to witness signatures on legal documents or witness a witness’s signature on legal documents. We do NOT perform other actions, such as certifying true copies, completion of documents, etc. We provide this as a walk-in service.
- Administer Oaths
- Solemn Declarations
- Witness of Signatures
- Change of Name Application
- Common-Law Union Statutory Declaration
- Single Status Declaration
- Land Title Transfer
- Commission of Forms & Declarations
- Lost/Stolen/Damaged/Destroyed/Inaccessible Passport or Travel Document Statutory Declaration
- Consent Letter for Children Traveling Abroad
- Letter of Invitation
- Professional Accountants applications for membership
- Real Estate application for License and Registration
- Canadian Passport – Lost/Stolen/Damaged Passport statutory declarations-form PPCT 203
- Statutory Declaration (in lieu of guarantor) form PPCT 132